Monday, July 02, 2007

One More Thing

I do not have any photographic or video evidence of this, so don't ask to see it.

I was taking a break from the drywall on Friday June, 29 and I noticed the air conditioner dripping water inside the house. I found an old bucket to catch the drip and went out to check out the AC unit. The case surrounding the unit has a lip that will allow the water the exit out the back, but the lip was almost a half inch from the bottom of the pan, so the water level was high enough to start dripping out the front end.

I grabbed my handy cordless drill and drilled a small hole in the right rear of the pan. The water started to immediately drain, so I started to drill another vent hole in the left side of the pan. I was successful in drilling the second hole, and nicked the condenser coil. The unit started to hiss as the coolant was released. Talk about a depressing feeling, standing there watching your air conditioner slowly become the air conditioner that used to work. My rush to fix something ends up as an expense. I guess I should learn the lesson and take my time in similar situations.

No comments: