Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Making Progress? 7/7/2007

It was a very busy week at the lake due to the Fourth of July Holiday. There were people everywhere.

CMV and I had Thursday and Friday off, but AMV had to work both days. CMV decided to drive up to the cottage on Thursday and invited her parents to come for a visit. They brought a bed frame, mattress and box spring (thanks BLH) along with them.

AMV and I drove up Friday night and arrived around 10:00 pm, to find that CMV had been busy sanding the drywall.


Saturday morning


AMV & CMV were priming the walls in the front bedroom, the hallway and the bathroom in preparation for the paint. Our plumber finished his work on Tuesday, so my job was to get the hot water heater hooked up to the electric, and then complete the shower.

I had to run to the hardware store to get some different wire and some flexible conduit to run from the water heater to the electric panel. Everyone talks about the price of gasoline, but the price of copper wire has increased dramatically over the last year or two.




I had already started installing the shower, so the hardest part was relocating all of the materials I needed to have on hand to finish the installation. It did not take much time to put the shower together, with the exception of aligning the sliding doors. I will not feel bad if any of you come to visit and you re-align the doors correctly. Go ahead, I dare you…




1 comment:

Brian Vinson said...

Was that an invitation to come and visit? If it was, we'll have to take you up on it...