Monday, September 11, 2006

Can you dig it?



After the Notre Dame game I went outside and started digging in the flower beds. Calling them beds was a stretch. It appears that at some point in the cottages life, there was decorative gravel, at least two different types of mulch, a black mesh weed barrier that didn't work, and lastly, a black plastic weed barrier that prevented the bushes from growing roots down, but did nothing to prevent the weeds from growing up.

I bagged up 15 Contractor trash bags of garbage and loaded them into the back of the truck. To my credit, I did remember that I was going to need to lift the bags into the back of the truck before I filled them completely.






It is now up to CMV to finish the flower beds as she sees appropriate. I am not much of a landscape designer, and I know enough to leave that to the people that know enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cottage looks great. Thanks for keeping us informed by this blog. I do have to argue with you about you not being a gardner. It is obvious that you ARE a gardner, but you don't know it. The greenery looks good too. I am proud of all of your good works.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Boy, you guys have been working your asses off. Can't wait to use it one weekend and take advantage of all of your hard work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates on the cottage, but now it's Sept. 23rd and there has not been any news. What's going on? :)

-the brother